12 Best Dog Parks in & Around Fort Worth, TX
Dog parks are a fun, free way for you to get out and about with your four-legged friend.
These fun, off-leash areas enable your pooch to run around off-leash and socialize with other dogs while you socialize with other humans.
Gated dog parks are a great spot for your pup to expend some energy while you kick back and enjoy the sunshine.
The Fort Worth area has a number of dog parks that allow you and your pooch to hang out together in an area designated for canine companions.
If your dog needs some time off-leash to run wild and free, check out our list of the 12 best dog parks in & around Fort Worth, TX.
1. Z-Bonz Dog Park
ZBonz Dog Park features 10 acres of space where dogs can run and play. There are two shelters on the property as well as a number of fountains where you can grab water for your pup.
- 6950 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, US, 76116
- Seven acres of space for larger dogs and three acres for smaller dogs; Park features two aerated ponds where dogs can swim and splash.
- Open 5:30 am- 11:3- pm 6 days per week. Park is closed Mondays.
2. Fort Woof Dog Park
Rated the number one dog park in Metroplex in 2009, this Fort Worth dog park is perfect for Fido and his two-legged companion.
- 751 Beach St., Fort Worth 76111
- This park features five acres of space to roam, including separate areas for big dogs and small dogs. Other features include two shelters, water fountains, agility items and more.
- Open 5:30 am- 11pm 7 days a week; park closes Monday from 5:30 am to 11 am for maintenance
3. Freedom Dog Park
This large off-leash dog park in Roanoke features shaded areas for humans and dogs to enjoy nature as well as dedicated fenced areas for small and big dogs separately. Benches and water are available on site.
- 2675 Trophy Park Drive, Trophy Club, TX, 76262
- This 8.3-acre dog park is dedicated as off-leash for dogs and features a dino play area for kids.
- Open 6 am to 8 pm 6 days a week. Closed Thursday.
4. Tails N’ Trails Dog Park
Tails N’ Trails Dog Park, one of two dog parks owned by the City of Arlington, underwent renovations in July 2020. Featuring benches for owners and upgraded fencing, this dog park is comfortable for you and fun for Fido.
- 950 SE Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington, TX 76018
- This 5.7-acre dog park in south Arlington features separate areas for large and small dogs as well water fountains for your pup. The surrounding area includes walking trails.
- Open 5 am- 10 pm 7 days a week with the exception of Tuesday, when the park opens at 12 pm.
5. Rush Creek Dog Park
Rush Creek Dog Park is located in central Arlington near Clarence Foster Park. Ample walking trails surround the park, and you and your pup will enjoy the large dog park area that is perfect for running and playing fetch.
- 1900 Valleywood Drive, Arlington, TX 76013
- Situated on almost five acres in central Arlington, this dog park features benches, water fountains and separate areas for large and small dogs. Ample parking available.
- Open 5 am to 10 pm 7 days a week with the exception of Wednesday, when it opens at 12 pm.
6. Euless Dog Park
Located in the Villages of Bear Creek Park, this Euless dog park is beloved by locals. Featuring play areas, water fountains and plenty of shade, this park is enjoyable for you and your furry friend.
- 1951 Bear Creek Parkway, Euless, TX 76039
- This three-acre dog park in Euless features separate areas for large and small dogs as well as tables and dog-rinsing stations.
- Open 6 days a week from dawn until dusk; closed Thursday
7. Boo Boo’s Buddies Dog Park
This shaded dog park located in Southlake is a great spot to enjoy the outdoors with your furry friend. Kick back on one of the benches or play catch with your off-leash pup in the enclosed area that is comfortable and enjoyable for humans and dogs alike.
- 3901 N. White Chapel Blvd., Southlake, TX 76092
- This 2.5-acre dog park is located within Bob Jones Park in Southlake. With separate areas for big and small dogs, this enclosed space is a great spot to bond and play with your pup.
- Open daily 6 am – 11 pm
8. Bedford Bark Park
The Bedford Bark Park is a great spot in the Mid Cities to let your pup off the leash and expend some energy. There are covered picnic tables and water fountains available.
- 3200 Meadow Park Drive., Bedford, TX, 76021
- Featuring separate play areas for large and small dogs, this dog park, operated by the City of Bedford, features dog agility equipment as well as dog clean up stations.
- Open dusk until dawn six days per week, Closed from 7 am- 12 pm on Wednesdays for maintenance
9. Buzz Fence Dog Park
This west Fort Worth-area dog park features ample parking as well as shaded seating areas, water stations and tons of fun for dogs of all ages and sizes.
- 312 N. Cherry Lane, White Settlement, TX 76108
- Located within Cherry Lane Park, this dog park features separate areas for large and small dogs as well as agility features to encourage playful fun with your pup.
- Open 9 am to dusk seven days a week
10. Keenum-Shelton Dog Park
Featuring a number of agility obstacles as well as separate areas for large and small dogs, the Keenum-Shelton is a fun spot to let Fido off the leash to run and play.
- 3217 Dakota Trail, Lake Worth, TX 76135
- This dog park features several seating areas for humans as well as shady areas to get out of the afternoon sun.
- Open 7 am to 10 pm, 7 days per week
11. Tipps Canine Hollow Dog Park
Water stations and shaded seating areas make this North Richland Hills Dog Park enjoyable for dogs and humans alike. Small and big dogs have separate areas to roam and play off leash.
- 7804 Davis Blvd., North Richland Hills, TX, 76182
- This three-acre park in North Richland Hills features two acres for larger dogs to play in and one acre for smaller dogs.
- Open 7 am until dusk 7 days per week with the exception of Wednesday, when the park is closed from 7 am- 11 am for maintenance.
12. Golden Triangle Dog Park
Located in the Fort Worth Design District, this dog park has on-site water fountains and benches as well as agility equipment for your dog.
- 1929 Golden Heights Road, Fort Worth, TX, 76177
- This park includes separate areas for large dogs and small dogs and plenty of parking.
- Open 6 am to 10 pm 7 days per week
Wrapping Up the 12 Best Dog Parks In & Around Fort Worth, TX
Dog Parks are a great free way to socialize your pup and let them roam off leash.
These designated pup zones are great for active dogs who just need space to run and play.
If you are looking for a way to create a safe, fun area for your pup to play in your own backyard that is low maintenance, consider artificial grass from Ideal Turf.
If you’re interested in an artificial grass installation in Fort Worth, TX, please contact Ideal Turf today to get your FREE Artificial Grass Design & Installation Estimate by clicking “GET A QUOTE” button or feel free to give us a call at 800-204-4650.
Author: Tim Taylor
- The Best Lawn Ground Cover Options: Grass Alternatives to Consider for Landscaping Your Yard
- The Best Patio Ground Cover Options You Should Consider to Transform Your Outdoor Living Space
- Top 9 Pool Area Turf Benefits: Why Install Artificial Grass Around Your Swimming Pool?
- Pool Deck Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Swimming Pool Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX