Spending time on the golf course is a great way to connect with nature, enjoy quality time with friends and colleagues and just relax while you enjoy a fun and challenging game.
Fort Worth, home to the Charles Schwab Challenge (formerly the Colonial), a premiere golf tournament, has some of the best golf courses in North Texas.
So grab your clubs and, optionally, your cowboy hat (this is Cowtown, after all!), and test your golf skills at the best golf courses to tee off at in and around the Fort Worth-area.
1. The Retreat
Escape big city life to enjoy a country feel when you head out to tee off at the Retreat in Cleburne, Texas. Located about 30 minutes southwest of Fort Worth, the Retreat offers golfers of all ability levels an award-winning par 72 course that has 419 Bermuda Fairways and tree-lined paths throughout.
- Pro Shop is open Tuesday through Sunday from 8 am to 6 pm. Closed Monday.
- The Retreat features a clubhouse with merchandise and pros to help you improve your swing as well as a practice putting green, practice facility and clubhouse.
- 7725 FM 1434, Cleburne, TX 76033
2. Sugar Tree Golf Club
Rated a Top Value Priced Golf Course in the DFW Metroplex in 2019 by Avid Golfer, Sugar Tree Golf Club, located about 30 minutes west of Fort Worth, is a stunning course originally built in 1988. The course itself involves water in 13 of the 18 holes on this par 72 course located along the Brazos River.
- Open everyday from 7 am until 8 pm
- Sugar Tree features an onsite restaurant called The Eatery which offers everything from breakfast tacos to cheeseburgers and even does to-go orders. The course’s pro shop is filled with all sorts of golf equipment designed to help you play your best game.
- 251 SugarTree Drive, Lipan, TX 76462
- email@example.com or 817-341-1111
3. Harbor Lakes Golf Club
Along the shores of Lake Granbury you will find Harbor Lakes Golf Club, a picturesque course southwest of Fort Worth. Established in 2003, Harbor Lakes Golf Club is a challenging course for golfers of all abilities and is a gorgeous spot to spend time with Mother Nature.
- Pro Shop is open daily from 7 am- 7 pm.
- Harbor Lakes’ onsite Pro Shop has everything you need to improve your golf game. Harbor Lakes clubhouse features an extensive selection of food as well as happy hour specials for members and their invited guests.
- 2100 Clubhouse Drive, Granbury, TX 76048
4. Split Rail Links & Golf Club
Influenced by famous Scottish courses, Split Rail Links & Golf Club is located on the west side of Fort Worth in Aledo, Texas. This par-72 course was designed by Phil Lumsden and offers beautiful fairways, challenging bunkers and guaranteed fun to players of all ages.
- Open daily from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Open daily for fee play, the Split Rail Links & Golf Club also offers memberships for those who wish to play regularly. The onsite restaurant called The Bagpiper serves breakfast and lunch daily.
- 2151 Old Annetta Road, Aledo, TX 76008
- 817-441-GOLF (4653)
5. The Golf Club at the Resort
This 18-hole, par-72 championship golf course is located along the eastern shores of Fort Worth’s Eagle Mountain Lake. The course was redesigned in 2006 to create a challenging but fun course designed for golfers of all ages and abilities. Time to tee it up!
- Open daily 7 am until 6 pm.
- The Golf Club at the Resort offers pro instruction on the course as well as a clubhouse that features a restaurant and workout facility. Golfers will also enjoy the wide selection of goods at the pro shop and the onsite practice facility.
- 5700 Resort Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76179
- 817-750-2178 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Tierra Verde Golf Club
Set to reopen in October 2022 after several months of course renovations, Tierra Verde Golf Club, located in Arlington, TX, Fort Worth’s neighbor to the east, is the first golf course in Texas and first municipal course in the world to be certified as an Audubon Signature Sanctuary. Opened in 1998, this course is perfect for any golfer looking to enjoy the game.
- Open 6:30 am until 9 pm daily.
- With an outdoor pavilion and full service restaurant, Tierra Verde Golf Club is one to get excited about. The facility also offers golfers a pro shop, lighted driving range and a state-of-the-art golf learning center.
- 7005 Golf Club Drive, Arlington, TX 76001
7. Waterchase Golf Course
Touted as Fort Worth’s “top public golf course destination,” Waterchase is a challenging par-72 golf course for any golfer. The golf course offers membership and public play and frequently hosts events for charities, corporate groups and more. Located in east Fort Worth, Waterchase Golf Course is one you won’t want to miss!
- Open daily from 7 am until 7:30 pm.
- Waterchase Golf Course offers an onsite bar where you can grab drinks to take onto the course. There is a limited menu for purchasing food available but the biggest focus at this course is on the golf!
- 8951 Creek Run Road, Fort Worth, TX 76120
8. Texas Star Golf Course
Texas Star Golf Course is a challenging round of golf, excellent food and elegant event venue all wrapped into one. Located centrally in the DFW Metroplex, Texas Star Golf Course is located just northeast of Fort Worth and offers a par-71 golf course as well as lessons for all skill levels and much more.
- Open daily from 7 am until 9 pm.
- An onsite clubhouse with a full service restaurant called Raven’s Grille as well as a pro shop with pros ready to help you improve your swing or purchase your next golf item await at this Euless, Texas, golf course.
- 1400 Texas Star Parkway, Euless, TX 76040
- 817-685-1865 or email@example.com
9. Hawk’s Creek Golf Club
Hawk’s Creek Golf Club was named one of the top 25 golf courses in Texas in 2022 by Golfpass. Located just four miles west of downtown Fort Worth, Hawk’s Creek serves up a challenging 18-hole course that is perfect for any golfer looking to play a round. Fore!
- Open every day from 7 am until 6:30 pm.
- Grab a bite to eat at Hawk’s Creek Grill or host a small gathering at the onsite event space called Hawk’s Nest. Take a swing at the driving range before hitting the course or practice at the putting green if you like.
- 6520 White Settlement Road, Westworth Village, TX 76114
10. Canyon West Golf Course
Head west to Parker County, about an hour from Fort Worth, to set foot on the breathtaking Canyon West Golf Course that was originally constructed in 1996. This par-72 course is as scenic as it is fun, and golfers of all ages will enjoy spending day soaking up the Texas sunshine on this beautiful course.
- Open every day from 7 am until 7 pm.
- This golf course has a ton to offer guests. Host your wedding or other large event at the clubhouse that offers sweeping views of the course itself. There is also an onsite pool, pavilion and sports courts so you can make a day of visiting Canyon West Golf Course.
- 160 Club House Drive, Weatherford, TX 76087
- 817-596-4653 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrapping Up Our List of the 10 Best Golf Courses in Fort Worth, TX
No matter your age or skill level, you have to agree that Fort Worth has a number of excellent golf courses where you can polish your swing- and so many more that wouldn’t fit on this list!
Golf is a challenging but rewarding game that requires a great amount of practice and patience.
One way to increase your golf skills from your own home without having to constantly drive to a golf course and pay large amounts in fees is to install an artificial grass putting green at your own home.
Not only is it easier to maintain than real grass, it looks great and can help you improve your short game.
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX
- Playground Ground Cover Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Children’s Play Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Run Cleaning & Maintenance: A Complete Pet Turf Cleaning Guide
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Dallas, TX