Houston, we have a problem… Y’all love your dogs too much!
Actually, not really.
There’s a reason pooches are considered man’s best friend.
And, if you’re lucky enough to be a dog owner in Houston, Texas, you’re in for a treat.
This south Texas city, the biggest in Texas, is stuffed to the brim with dog-friendly restaurants that offer up great food and comfortable accommodations for you and Fido.
So grab your pup, a beverage of your choosing and kick your heels up at one of these great restaurants with your canine companion.
Laidback and fun, Cottonwood, on Houston’s northwest side, often features live music, great cocktails and a dog-friendly patio. Grab a bite of pub food and kick back in one of the three outdoor spaces where you can enjoy a casual afternoon with your friends- both human and canine.
- 3422 N Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX 77018
- Open Tuesday to Thursday, 5- 10 pm, Friday 4 pm- 12 am, Saturday 12 pm- 12 am and Sunday 12- 10 pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Entrees start around $11.
- (713) 802-0410
2. Barnaby’s Cafe
Barnaby’s Cafe, started in 1992, has seven pet-friendly locations scattered around the Houston area. On Tuesday, you can grab $2 beers and house wine to celebrate, well, Tuesday, and the restaurants feature a dog menu daily that offers up meat and ice cream for your furry friend.
- Seven Houston locations. See website for specific addresses.
- Open Monday through Friday 11 am- 10 pm, Saturday 8 am- 10 pm and Sunday 8 am- 9 pm. Hours may vary slightly by location.
- Entrees start around $15. Most dog menu items are $5.
- See website for each location’s phone number.
3. Eight Row Flint
Touted as a revisionist ice house, Eight Row Flint is a great space to chill with your pup as you enjoy upscale adult beverages and tacos from a food truck. Featuring whiskey mash and masa, Eight Row Flint is a Texas bar reimagined. Grab your pup and a drink and enjoy the south Texas sunshine.
- 1039 Yale St., Houston Heights, TX 77008
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am until midnight and Friday and Saturday from 11 am until 2 am.
- Entrees start around $10.
- (832) 767-4002 or email@example.com
Bring your pup to NettBar in Houston to play a few games, relax outside and enjoy a drink and maybe a few light bites with friends. If you like adult leagues, you can even join the cornhole league hosted at the bar, or work on your short game on their artificial turf putting green. Watch the Facebook page for drink specials as well as info about trivia nights.
- 4504 Nett St., Houston, TX 77007
- Open Tuesday through Thursday from 4 pm- midnight, Friday from 4 pm to 2 am, Saturday from 12 pm to 2 am and Sunday from 12 pm to 10 pm.
- Entrees start around $10.
- (832) 991-8610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Situated in midtown Houston, Barkley’s is an off-leash dog park and restaurant rolled into one. Bring Fido to run and play on their artificial grass while you enjoy a burger or hot dog and a beverage of your choosing. Don’t miss yappy hour on weekdays from 3- 6pm!
- 2300 Louisiana St., Houston, TX 77006
- Open Sunday through Wednesday 11 am- midnight and Thursday through Saturday from 11 am- 2 am.
- Entrees start around $12.
- (713) 752-2275
6. Henderson Heights
Stop by Henderson Heights with your pooch and the restaurant will give Fido free water and drinks. You can kick back and nosh on gourmet burgers and tacos or order a delicious beverage from the extensive drink list. Don’t miss brunch on weekends from 12pm- 3pm for a fun, relaxing time.
- 908 Henderson St., Houston, TX 77007
- Open Sunday through Wednesday from 12 pm- midnight and Thursday through Saturday from 12 pm- 2 am.
- Entrees start around $14.
- (713) 714-8367 or email@example.com
7. East End Backyard
With 20,000 feet of space, Eastend Backyard is the largest patio in Houston. Bring your pup, grab a drink and enjoy a casual afternoon at this neighborhood bar. The restaurant regularly offers up live music and other exciting events- see Facebook for details.
- 1105 Sampson St., Houston, TX 77003
- Open 3pm- midnight Tuesday through Thursday, 11 am- 2 am Friday and Saturday and 11 am- 10 pm Sunday. Closed Mondays.
- Entrees start around $10.
- (713) 505-1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Patterson Park Patio Bar
Brand new in 2022, Patterson Park Patio Bar is a multi-level hangout for Houstonites and their four-legged friends. With 9,000 square feet of space, a comprehensive drink menu, a slew of on-site food trucks that rotate regularly and more than 40 TVs for watching all the sports, Patterson Park has something for everyone. Pull up a chair and stay a while!
- 2205 Patterson St., Houston, TX 77007
- Open Monday through Wednesday from 2 pm- midnight, Thursday and Friday from 2 pm- 2 am, Saturday from 11 am- 2 am and Sunday from 12 pm- midnight.
- Cost of food varies depending on which food trucks are onsite. See website for a schedule of available food trucks.
- (832) 804-6912
9. The Burger Joint
The Burger Joint has three locations in Houston, so you can be sure to get your burger fix and enjoy time with your pooch, too! Grab a gourmet burger or hot dog or try out one of the Burger Joint’s deluxe milkshakes, available in a number of mouth-watering flavors. Some locations will even make your pup a shake if you ask!
- Three locations in Houston. See the website for addresses.
- Open 11 am- midnight 7 days a week. Some hours may vary by location.
- Burgers cost around $12-$13 each.
10. Backstreet Cafe
If you and your pooch are craving fancier fare, look no further than Backstreet Cafe. Featuring menu items such as oysters and pasta, the Backstreet Cafe offers up decadent dishes you can enjoy with your pup in tow. Dogs are welcome on the front patio where you can kick back and enjoy Backstreet Cafe’s elegant entrees.
- 1103 S. Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX 77019
- Open Tuesday through Thursday from 11:30 am- 9 pm, Friday 11:30 am- 10 pm, Saturday 10 am- 10 pm and Sunday 10 am- 3 pm. Closed Mondays.
- Entrees start around $15.
- (713) 521-2239
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Houston, TX
Considered the most diverse city in the country, Houston is home to a wide array of culinary delights from burgers to pasta and everything in between.
Whatever you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find it in Houston.
Houstonians eat out more than any other city in the country, and with so many great food options it isn’t a surprise!
Even better, Houston has a number of restaurants with gorgeous patios perfect for you and your pup to enjoy a leisurely afternoon.
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX
- Playground Ground Cover Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Children’s Play Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Run Cleaning & Maintenance: A Complete Pet Turf Cleaning Guide
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Dallas, TX