Looking for a place to dine out in Hub City- Lubbock, Texas?
Home to a plethora of delicious dining options and dog-friendly restaurants, Lubbock, located in west Texas, is a college town (Go Texas Tech Red Raiders!) with a country vibe and laid back demeanor.
Whether you want savory barbeque or spicy Mexican food, Lubbock, TX, is sure to have a restaurant that will leave you full and satisfied.
And no need to leave your pooch at home- these dog-friendly restaurants welcome Fido with open paws!
1. The Garden
Enjoy your weekends by spending time with your pooch on the artificial grass covered patio at The Garden in Lubbock. Food trucks rotate in and out so you constantly have new and exciting options to try, and cold beer is always on tap. Your and your canine companion will both enjoy live music and tasty bites at this area hangout.
- 1801 Buddy Holly Ave., Lubbock, T 79401
- Open Friday 4 pm- 1 am, Saturday 9 am- 2 am and Sunday 4 pm- 1 am. Closed Monday through Thursday.
- Cost of food depends on what food trucks are onsite. See website for an up-to-date food truck calendar.
- (806) 407-3636
2. The Lantern Tavern
A pub-style atmosphere, robust menu and extensive bar menu awaits at this lively tavern with a great, pup-friendly patio. Stop by on Wednesdays for Open Mic, Thursdays for Trivia or Fridays for live music- or anytime for a laidback, fun time!
- 3502 Slide Rd., Lubbock, TX 79414
- Open 4 pm- 2 am Monday- Thursday, 3 pm- 2 am Friday, 4 pm- 2 am Saturday and 11 am- 12 am Sunday.
- Burgers and appetizers start at around $10.
- (806) 785-2280
3. Two Docs Brewing Co.
Dog-friendly and kid-friendly, Two Docs Brewing is the place in Lubbock to bring the family and just chill. Kids will enjoy lawn games and root beer while adults can enjoy a number of craft beers brewed on-site. Your pup will enjoy being included on your excursion as well as hanging out on the patio with human companions.
- 502 Texas Ave., Lubbock, TX 79401
- Open 12- 10 pm Sunday through Wednesday and 12 pm- 12 am Thursday through Saturday.
- Food trucks change regularly; average entree price varies depending on which food trucks at Two Docs Brewing. See website for food truck schedule.
- email@example.com or (806) 412-4888
4. J’s Creamery
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Grab the family and head over to J’s Creamery for a sweet, frozen treat no matter the time of year. Whether you prefer something simple like vanilla or something decadent like a banana split, J’s Creamery has a treat for you. Grab your pooch and hang out on the patio for a delicious treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 5101 82nd St., Lubbock, TX 79424
- During the summer, the store is open 11 am- 11 pm Monday- Thursday, 11 am- 12 am on Friday and Saturday and 12- 11 pm on Sunday. Hours are shorter in the colder months, see the website for details.
- Frozen, sweet treats start around $5.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 687-7775
5. Urban Bricks Pizza
Design your own pizza while hanging out with Fido at Urban Bricks Pizza. This pizza joint serves your pie just the way you like it (don’t knock pineapple on pizza until you’ve tried it!), has a great beer and wine list available and offers a chill patio where you can relax and chow down.
- 7610 Milwaukee, Lubbock, TX 79424
- Open 11 am- 10 pm Sunday through Thursday and 11 am- 11 pm Friday and Saturday.
- A large pizza starts around $15.
- (806) 993-7777
6. Twisted Root Burger Co.
Burger lovers, this one’s for you! You and your dog will love savoring Twisted Root’s gourmet burgers and fries while relaxing on the patio and this fun, funky burger joint. Happy Hour runs Monday through Friday from 3:07- 7:07 pm and knocks $1 off domestic drafts, $2 off canned wines and $3 off well drinks.
- 116 W Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79416
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am- 9 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11 am- 10 pm.
- Burgers start around $10.
- (806) 797-0532
7. Bier Haus
Water bottles and free treats await leashed dogs and their human companions at this lively Lubbock restaurant. Your and your pooch will love the patio, where you can order all sorts of delicious dishes and partake in a drink or two. This spot even has bar swings and a device-charging tree! You might not want to leave…
- 2009 Broadway Street, Lubbock, Texas 79401
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am until 10 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 11 am until 11 pm. Bar might have slightly longer open hours- check the website for details.
- Entrees start around $9.
8. Little Woodrow’s
Little Woodrow’s has a large, dog-friendly artificial turf patio that often hosts fun events and activities for patrons. Drink specials change daily, and the kitchen serves up delicious burgers and bites when you are feeling hungry. Kick back with your dog and enjoy drinks, patio games and more at this Lubbock spot.
- 6313 66th St., Lubbock, TX 79424
- Open Monday through Friday from 2 pm until 2 am and Saturday and Sunday from 11 am until 2 am. 21 and over only.
- Burgers start around $13
- (806) 698-6601
9. Flippers Tavern
Come for the fun indoor games and stay for the outdoor patio! Flippers Tavern is a local Lubbock spot where you can find beer, tacos and more. Established in 2015, Flippers often has live music on the weekends and a lively crowd both indoors and outdoors. Bring your pup and stay a while!
- 1406 Ave Q, Lubbock, TX 79401
- Open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 am- 12 am and Sunday from 11 am- 10 pm. Closed Mondays.
- Menu items start around $7.
- (806) 701-5130
10. He Brews Coffee
Situated on Buddy Holly Lake, He Brews Coffee is a Christian Coffee Shop that opened in 2018. Serving up java of all flavors as well as breakfast sandwiches and other light treats, He Brews Coffee will get you buzzing first thing in the morning! Bring your dog and relax on the patio and take in the serene views of the lake.
- 2700 Marshall, Lubbock, TX 79415
- Open daily from 9 am- 7 pm.
- Drinks start at $3.50
- (806) 712-0468
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Lubbock, TX
Dining with your pooch is the perfect way to pass the time during the dog days of summer- or any season, really!
Putting your feet up and enjoying a relaxing afternoon on a sun-drenched patio with a great burger or cold beer is the ultimate treat, and it’s made better when you can bring man’s best friend along for the ride.
Your pooch will enjoy checking out a new domain of sniffs and smells away from his own familiar backyard (or front yard) haunt.
If you want to refresh your pup’s oasis and your own home, why not consider an artificial grass installation?
If you’re interested in a pet-friendly artificial grass installation in Lubbock, TX, please contact Ideal Turf today.
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX
- Playground Ground Cover Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Children’s Play Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Run Cleaning & Maintenance: A Complete Pet Turf Cleaning Guide
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Dallas, TX