If the dog days of summer have you craving some time with, well, with your dog, Oklahoma City offers some great spots for some quality time with your canine companion.
There is simply no better way to spend a weekend than relaxing on the patio at a dog-friendly restaurant in OKC, sipping and noshing and hanging out with your pooch.
Fido will love the fresh air and time spent outside, and you can enjoy good food and even better company in OK.
So grab your friends, both human and canine, and pull up a chair at one of these awesome dog-friendly restaurants in the Oklahoma City area that will offer you a great, relaxing spot to spend a chill afternoon.
1. Cheever’s Cafe
Pull up a chair at Cheever’s Cafe on the porch with your pooch when you are looking to impress. An Oklahoma City staple, the Cheever’s building’s roots can be traced all the way back to 1889, making it a true legend in the OKC area. You and your pup can experience this unique piece of OKC history while enjoying delightful, mid-priced food from the patio, soaking up the ambiance of this historic site.
- 2409 N. Hudson, Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- Open Monday through Thursday from 11 am- 9 pm, Friday 11 am- 10 pm, Saturday 10 am- 10 pm and Sunday 10 am- 9 pm.
- Lunch menu items start around $18.
- (405) 525-7007
2. Picasso Cafe
In addition to being located in a walkable area with many shops and stops for you and your pooch to wander by, the Picasso Cafe offers a Doggie Dining menu so Fido can have a bite on your excursion, too. Featuring both monthly vegetarian and vegan meals as well as a kids menu and a fancy coffee menu, Picasso Cafe has a number of treats to accommodate all of your dining companions. This spot is not to be missed!
- 3009 Paseo, Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- Open Monday through Thursday 11 am- 10 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am- 12 am and Sunday 10 am- 9 pm (closed Sunday from 3- 4 pm).
- Main courses start around $15. Kids menu available.
- (405) 602 – 2002
3. Louie’s Grill & Bar
With 15 locations in the greater OKC area, Louie’s Grill & Bar is truly the neighborhood spot you will visit and not want to leave. These hangouts are great on game day, when you want to catch college football or basketball, and don’t forget that kids eat free on Wednesday nights. Grab your pup and hang out on the porch with a burger and a beer for the ultimate way to unwind after a busy day or week (or even year!). :
- Multiple locations in the greater OKC area. See the website to find the one closest to you.
- Open Monday through Thursday 11 am- 11 pm, Friday 11 am- 12 am, Saturday 10 am- 12 am and Sunday 10 am- 11 pm. Hours may very slightly by location.
- Burgers start around $11, pizzas start at about the same.
- See the website for the phone number to the specific location you wish to contact.
4. The Garage
Lots of TVs, an extensive beer list, delicious burgers… You can certainly tell that The Garage was created by a bunch of guys! The Garage boasts a kid’s menu that every kid will love as well as a diverse menu with something to please everyone. Grab a beer or a soda and enjoy the fun, laid back atmosphere offered at this restaurant with a plethora of locations throughout the greater OKC area. Don’t forget your pup, who is always welcome on the patio.
- There are 5 locations in OKC and many more in the surrounding area. See the website for the address of the location closest to you.
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am- 10 pm and Friday and Saturday 11 am- 11 pm. Hours may vary slightly per location. See the website for further details.
- Burgers start around $7. All menu items are a la carte.
- See the website to locate the number of the location you wish to contact.
5. Solo’s Park & Pub
Solo’s Park and Pub is an off-leash dog park with a full-service on-site restaurant that promises to be fun and enjoyable for both you and your pooch. The dog park is chaperoned by “bark rangers,” who will ensure your pup is behaving themself and having fun while you enjoy a bite to eat. The park regularly offers up fun events and dog training sessions, so be sure to check the website often so you don’t miss out on any of the four-legged fun!
- 13310 Pawnee Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73114
- Open Tuesday through Thursday from 1- 10 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11 am- 11 pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Burgers start around $12.
- (405) 849-5990
6. Fassler Hall
If you’ve always wanted to experience what an authentic German Beer Hall would be like, then Fassler Hall is the spot for you! Serving up authentic German dishes and, of course, lots of beer, Fassler Hall gives you a true taste of Germany right in OKC. Happy hour is daily from 4- 7 pm, and your doggy is always welcome on the patio. You’ll love the view of the OKC skyline from Fassler Hall’s lively patio!
- 421 NW 10th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am- 11 pm and Friday and Saturday 11 am- 2 am.
- This restaurant serves German fare that starts around $10 for sandwiches and salads.
- (405) 609-3300
7. Waffle Champion OKC
Waffle Champion serves up waffles in more ways than you can possibly imagine, from savory to sweet and everything in between, and welcomes Fido at any of the five outside tables at the restaurant. Whether you are craving chicken and waffles or French Toast waffles, this morning spot has you covered. They are open late nights on the weekends, too, in case waffle cravings hit you then!
- 1212 N Walker Ave., Oklahoma City OK 73103
- Open daily from 7 am- 2 pm. The Waffle Window is open Friday and Saturday from 5- 10 pm.
- Waffle sandwiches start at $11.
- (405) 525-9235
8. Fuzzy’s Taco Shop
Tacos, anyone? Fuzzy’s Taco Shop serves up burritos, tacos, quesadillas and more to satisfy your savory side. Margaritas are always ready to be served, and there is usually a game or two on the tv at this local taco joint. Your pup is welcome to hang out with you on the patio, relaxing and enjoying a good time at this casual but delicious Mexican food stop.
- Multiple locations throughout OKC. See website to find the location nearest you.
- Open daily from 10 am- 10 pm. Hours may vary slightly by location, be sure to check the website before you go.
- Tacos start around $3 each and everything is served a la carte.
- Visit the website for the contact info for the location you wish to reach.
9. Stella OKC
Have a hankering for Italian food? Look no further than Stella’s Modern Italian Cuisine. Stella’s features a mouth-watering menu with shared plates, full dinners, light lunches and decadent desserts. Wood-fired pizzas are also available here, with a taste so authentic you might forget you aren’t in Italy! Fido is welcome on the patio so he can hang out with you while you fill up on savory, filling pasta dishes that will leave you satiated and happy.
- 1201 N. Walker Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- Open Tuesday through Thursday from 11 am- 9 pm, Friday 11 am- 11 pm, Saturday 10:30 am- 11 pm and Sunday 10:30 am- 9 pm.
- Entrees and shared plates start around $14.
- (405) 235-2200
10. HunnyBunny Biscuit Co
Oh Bunny, that’s good! Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co offers up homemade biscuits topped with your choice of extras, from butter and jam to sausage and gravy. Sweet or savory? You decide! This breakfast and lunch spot has multiple locations in that area for you to get your biscuit fix! Grab your pup and bring him along for the ride- he is welcome to hang with you on the patio.
- Two locations in OKC. See the website for the location closest to you.
- Open daily from 7 am- 2 pm.
- Biscuit sandwiches start around $7.
- See website for the contact info for your desired location.
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City, the capital of Oklahoma, is a dog-friendly, booming metropolis in the heart of the Sooner State.
Offering a variety of world-class cuisine as well as a number of top-notch attractions such as the Oklahoma Science Museum, Oklahoma City is both a great place to live and great place to call home.
Oklahoma City has a variety of awesome restaurants that cater to the dog-owning crowd and allow you to bring your pooch and dine on the patio.
The fresh air and outdoor environment are great for both you and Fido.
If you want to recreate a great outdoor environment for your dog at your own residence in OKC, consider artificial grass installation.
For a free estimate, please contact Ideal Turf today.
- The 10 Best Golf Courses To Tee Off At In & Around Austin, TX
- Artificial Turf vs. Real Grass Putting Greens: A Head-To-Head Comparison Guide
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in OKC To Visit With Your Pup!
- 12 Backyard Ideas for Kids: A Kid-Friendly Landscaping Guide
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in San Antonio, TX To Visit With Your Pup!