Dining al fresco is one of the major perks in living in a warmer climate.
Spending a Saturday or Sunday afternoon at your favorite neighborhood haunt, munching on great food and a beverage of your choice is a true delight.
If you are a dog owner, this experience can be even more enjoyable for you when you can bring your pooch along for the fun.
San Antonio, a city in central Texas whose weather from March until November is typically 70 degrees or warmer, is a great spot for outdoor dining with your four-legged friend.
If you are looking for a spot to spend a lazy afternoon dining and hanging out with your dog, check out these 10 dog-friendly restaurants in the San Antonio area.
1. Hops & Hounds
Located on San Antonio’s northeast side and perfect for the whole family, Hops & Hounds is the kind of spot where you’ll want to pull up a chair and stay awhile. Your dog will love lounging around outside while you play ping pong and other yard games and nosh on delicious burgers and wings.
- 13838 Jones Maltsberger Rd., San Antonio, TX 78247
- Open Monday to Wednesday from 3-10 pm, Thursday to Saturday from 11 am- 12 am and Sunday 11 am- 10 pm.
- Burgers start around $10.
- (210) 592-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Camp Outpost
Nostalgic and laidback, Camp Outpost is a spot you’ll want to visit with friends- human and canine- over and over again. From the rustic ambience to the delectable food, Camp Outpost is an experience onto itself. You’ll love hanging around the communal fire pit and ordering drinks from the vintage Airstream bar.
- 1811 S. Alamo Street, San Antonio, TX 78204
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11:30 am- 9 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11:30 am- 10 pm.
- Sandwiches and entrees start around $13.
- (210) 942-4690 or email@example.com
3. The Hoppy Monk
Known for tacos and an extensive drink menu, The Hoppy Monk has a laid back, dog-friendly outdoor patio perfect for chill afternoons with man’s best friend. Whether you are wanting to unwind after a long day at work or simply soak up some sunshine, The Hoppy Monk is a great place to do it! This spot is 21 and over after 7 pm.
- 1010 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78232
- Open Monday and Tuesday, 4- 10 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 12 pm- 12 am; Friday and Saturday 12 pm- 2 am and Sunday 10 am- 12 am.
- Entree items start around $10.
- (210) 545-3330
4. The Friendly Spot
This ice house is named The Friendly Spot for a reason- it’s dog-friendly and kid-friendly, has lots of beer on tap and keeps the kitchen open until midnight daily. Now how’s that for friendly? Grab a burger and a beer (or a soda, if that’s what you’d prefer) and hang out on the patio of this southtown hot spot. Don’t miss brunch on the weekends- yum!
- 943 S Alamo St., San Antonio, TX 78205
- Open daily from 12 pm- 12 am.
- Burgers and sandwiches start at $8.
- (210) 224-2337
5. Chicken N Pickle
Pickleball, anyone? This wide-open spot, which offers pickleball (for a fee), yard games, events and more, serves up delicious chicken dishes and more. Grab your paddle and your pooch and work up an appetite playing pickleball before you dive into their delicious food. You will love hanging out in their outdoor space with canine companions and human friends.
- 5215 UTSA Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Open Sunday- Thursday from 8 am- 11 pm, Friday and Saturday from 8 am- 12 am. Kitchen hours may vary, see website for details.
- Entrees start around $12.
- (210) 874-2120
6. Beto’s Alt-Mex
Founded in 1997, Beto’s Alt-Mex (alternative Mexican) is a blend of Mexican street food and Latin flavor. Voted the best tacos in San Antonio, Guy Fieri is even a fan of Beto’s! Happy Hour is daily from 3- 6pm and all day on Sunday, and the restaurant’s laid back atmosphere will leave you wanting to come back time and time again. Bring your dog to hang out on the patio, where you can catch live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 8142 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209
- Open Monday- Saturday from 11 am- 9 pm and Sunday from 11 am- 8 pm.
- Single tacos start at $5.95 each.
- (210) 930-9393
7. The Sandbox
Pizzas and burgers and salads- oh my! Recently opened, The Sandbox in San Antonio is a great spot to eat with friends and blow off some steam. Bring your pooch to the patio to enjoy the numerous yard games as well as a drink off the extensive menu.
- 7280 UTSA Blvd Suite 109, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Open daily from 1 pm until 2 am.
- Pizzas start around $13.
- (210) 277-0970
8. Burleson Yard Beer Garden
The Burleson Yard Beer Garden is a traditional beer garden with indoor and outdoor seating that is both kid and pet-friendly. This spot’s laid-back vibe will leave you relaxed and have you wishing that every day was Saturday.
- 430 Austin St., San Antonio, TX 78215
- Open Monday- Friday from 3 pm- 12 am and Saturday and Sunday from 12 pm- 12 am.
- Entrees start around $10.
- (210) 354-3001
9. The Cove
Who says you can’t have it all? At The Cove, you can certainly try! The Cove serves up fresh, local food in a great location that offers up both a kid’s playscape and a dog-friendly patio. There is frequently live music on site, as well as a laundromat and a car wash. That’s right- The Cove is truly your one-stop shop weekend destination where you can drink, do laundry, wash your car and hang out with your canine. Sweet!
- 606 W Cypress St., San Antonio, TX 78212
- Open Tuesday- Saturday from 11 am- 10 pm and Sunday from 11 am- 9 pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Entrees start around $12.
- (210) 227- 2683
10. The Rustic
Come to The Rustic for the live music and the ambiance and stay for the extensive menu and dog-friendly patio. You’ll enjoy kick backing and chilling out at this spot right outside the loop that draws well-known musicians for incredible live shows. Plus $5 frozen drinks during Happy Hour, which happens daily.
- 17619 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78257
- Open Monday- Wednesday from 3- 10pm, Thursday 11 am- 11 pm, Friday 11 am- 1 am, Saturday 10 am- 1 am and Sunday 10 am- 10 pm.
- Sandwiches start around $14.
- (210) 245-7500
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in San Antonio, TX
San Antonio is a Texas city filled to the brim with Texas history and great places to go with family, friends and four-legged companions.
Whether you want to ride roller coasters at Six Flags Fiesta Texas or learn about history at The Alamo, San Antonio has something for everyone.
With so many dog-friendly dining options, you don’t even need to leave your pooch at home!
Let your pup stretch his legs and enjoy the fresh air as he dines with you at one of the many dog-friendly patios the San Antonio area offers.
If you want to create a space at your home for your pooch that is as inviting as some of the restaurant patios in the San Antonio area, consider artificial grass.
- The 10 Best Golf Courses To Tee Off At In & Around Austin, TX
- Artificial Turf vs. Real Grass Putting Greens: A Head-To-Head Comparison Guide
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in OKC To Visit With Your Pup!
- 12 Backyard Ideas for Kids: A Kid-Friendly Landscaping Guide
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in San Antonio, TX To Visit With Your Pup!