Dog parks can be immensely beneficial for both you and your four-legged friend.
Not only are they a great space for your pup to roam off leash, they are a great spot for you to meet other dog owners and connect with your community.
A great playground for your furry friend, dog parks are a great way to exercise your dog and spend some time outdoors.
Dallas, TX is home to a number of top-notch dog parks that provide a safe, engaging space for both you and your furry best friend.
1. Wagging Tail Dog Park
Located in North Dallas, this off-leash dog park features a flagstone observation deck that towers 35 feet above White Rock Creek. Separate large and small dog areas as well as drinking fountains for you and your dog make this spot a fun destination.
- 5841 Keller Springs Road, Dallas, Texas 75248
- This dog park is 6.9 acres and boasts a walking trail so you can stretch your legs as your pup plays. Benches, picnic tables and a grill are also available at this park.
- Open Tuesday- Sunday, 5 am- 11 pm. Closed Monday for maintenance.
2. Northbark Dog Park
Northbark Dog Park is located in far north Dallas near the North Dallas Tollway and the President George Bush Turnpike. This unique spot is the largest of its kind in North Texas and features a dog pond, doggy showers and a pavilion for human companions.
- 4899 Gramercy Oaks, Dallas, Texas 75287
- Twenty-two acres of off-leash fun await your pooch at this dog park with separate areas for large and small dogs. There is a walking trail as well as plenty of space for your pup to play.
- Open Wednesday- Monday, 5 am- 11 pm. Closed Tuesday for maintenance.
3. White Rock Lake Dog Park
Newly renovated, the White Rock Lake Dog Park offers beautiful views of White Rock Lake and all the surrounding greenery. Drinking fountains and dog washes are available on-site.
- 8000 Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas 75218
- Two acres of green space for larger pups and one acre of green space for smaller pups are available to canines and their human friends. Take advantage of the park’s proximity to the jogging and biking trails around White Rock Lake and spend the day outdoors bonding with your pup.
- Open Tuesday- Sunday, 5 am- 11 pm. Closed Monday for maintenance.
4. Bark Park Central
This is an urban dog park located under highway 75 in the artsy area of Deep Ellum. You and your pup can enjoy some bonding time in Dallas and then partake the cool artwork and hip restaurants that Deep Ellum is known for.
- 2445 Canton Street, Dallas, Texas 75201
- Just over one acre of green area for your pup to roam awaits you at this urban oasis. A dog drinking bowl as well as doggie showers are available, and there are plenty of shaded areas to relax.
- Open Wednesday- Monday, 6 am- 11 pm. Closed on Tuesday for maintenance.
5. Central Community Dog Park
Tucked behind the campus of Central Westside Church, this dog park is a space for you and your furry friend to connect with other animal lovers. There is an onsite lending library for humans and a dog wash for canines. You are also able to use the restroom at the church.
- 4711 Westside Drive, Dallas, Texas 75209
- This fenced-in dog park will delight both you and your pup. The large, fenced-in play area will enable your pup to expend some energy in a safe off-leash environment.
- Open daily, 7 am- dusk
6. The Shack’s Dining & Dog Park
This cool new dog park is located in The Colony, at a new development where you can eat and your pup can play called Austin Ranch. Snag a seat on the bench while your dog enjoys the play structures. There are separate areas for large and small dogs.
- 5800 Windhaven Parkway, The Colony, Texas 75056
- One-acre off-leash park located at Austin Ranch. No people food is allowed inside the dog park, but there are plenty of spots around the park for you and your people to grab a bite after your pup plays.
- Open 6 am- 10 pm 7 days a week
7. Pawsome Playground
Decorative fire hydrants await your pooch as this fun, fenced, off-leash playground for furry friends in The Colony. Water and benches are readily available for human visitors.
- 4800 E. Lake Highlands Drive, The Colony, Texas 75056
- Pawsome Playground features 2.1 acres of space to roam for larger dogs and .85 acres of space for pups who weigh less than 35 pounds. There are plenty of dog-waste stations on-site as well as shady spots for owners.
- Open 7 am – 9 pm Sunday- Wednesday. Open 3 pm- 9 pm Thursday for maintenance.
8. Elmwoof Dog Park
Elmwoof Dog Park is the first dog park in Dallas south of the Trinity River. Located in Oak Cliff, this neighborhood dog park is meant to encourage community members and their canine friends to have a spot to come together outdoors.
- 2100 S. Edgefield Ave., Dallas, Texas 75224
- This neighborhood dog park is 0.3 acres of off-leash fun for you and your pup. Elmwoof Dog Park features lights for nighttime as well as benches for dog owners as well as a few agility activities for your dog.
- Always open.
9. Swiss & Liberty Dog Park [A.K.A. “Meadows Dog Park”]
Sometimes called Meadows Dog Park, the Swiss & Liberty Dog Park recently reopened with new sod so your dog can enjoy the new ground covering. Water fountains are available at this Dallas dog park.
- 2917 Swiss Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75204
- Located in East Dallas, this small dog park is fenced so your pup can enjoy it off-leash. This dog park offers doggie poop clean up stations.
- Open 5 am- 12 am 7 days a week
10. Dog Park at Jack Carter Park
Featuring separate areas for large and small dogs, this Plano, Texas dog park is located along the Bluebonnet Trail in suburban Dallas. Benches, picnic tables, shady spots and more make it fun and comfortable for both dogs and their humans.
- 2215 Pleasant Valley Drive, Plano, Texas 75023
- Two acres of off-leash space await your four-legged friend in Plano. A dog rinse station is located near the parking lot.
- Open Friday- Wednesday, sunrise- 10:30 pm; Thursday 4- 10:30 pm
Wrapping Up the 10 Best Dog Parks in & Around Dallas, TX
You and your pup will have a great time bonding and playing at any one of these great Dallas-area dog parks.
Socializing is important for humans and canines alike, and a dog park is a great place to do that!
To learn more about artificial grass installation, please contact Ideal Turf today to get your FREE pet turf installation estimate by clicking “GET A QUOTE” button or feel free to give us a call at 800-204-4650.
Author: Tim Taylor
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in OKC
- The Top 10 Backyard Putting Green Benefits for Homeowners: Why Install an Artificial Turf Golf Green?
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around San Antonio, TX
- Pet Turf Cost: How Much Does Artificial Grass for Dogs Cost to Install?
- Pet Turf Benefits: Why Install Pet-Friendly Artificial Grass at Your Texas Home or Business?