The rolling hills and wide open spaces in and around Austin, Texas, make it an ideal spot for working on your golf game.
Whether you’re an old pro on the course or still learning which golf club is which, you are sure to find a golf course in Austin that challenges you and helps you stay within your golf budget.
Meet your friends for a round, practice driving a few balls on your own or challenge your colleagues for a game at one of these awesome Austin-area golf courses, which are easily considered the best golf courses Austin has to offer.
1. Horseshoe Bay Golf Club
Home to three award-winning golf courses, a members-only course and a competitive putting course, The Club at Horseshoe Bay is the place in Austin to go if you love to golf. The sheer beauty of these courses coupled with the serene location near Austin makes Horseshoe Bay Resort a golfer’s paradise. Get ready for some fun in the sun.
- Hours vary, call the resort for exact times.
- One 18-hole round starts at $90, not all courses are available to everyone.
- 200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, Texas 78657
- 877-611-0112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Lions Municipal Golf Course
One of the oldest golf courses in Texas, Lions Municipal Golf Course opened in 1924 and is open year-round. Located just minutes from downtown Austin, this 18-hole golf course is one of the busiest in the city. Golfers will enjoy the historic charm and reasonable rates.
- Tee times can generally be booked between 2- 7 pm. Hours may vary by month/season.
- Regular rounds start at $28 per person and cost more on the weekends.
- 2901 Enfield Road, Austin, Texas 78703
- 512 477 6963
3. Jimmy Clay Golf Course
Opened in 1974, Jimmy Clay Golf Course underwent renovations in 2007 that added unique and challenging water features to the 18-hole course. The course is located in southeast Austin and boasts a great driving range for players of all ages and skill levels.
- Tee times are available in the afternoons and evenings. See website for more details.
- Regular rounds start at $28 per person and cost more on the weekends.
- 5400 Jimmy Clay Drive, Austin, Texas 78744
4. Avery Ranch Golf Club
Running along Lake Avery, Avery Ranch Golf Club enables players to partake in stunning views of Texas Hill Country as they practice their swing. Avery Ranch has previously been rated as a “Top Luxury Course” in Austin and Golf Digest gave it 4.5 stars and ranked it one of the “best places to play.”
- Pro shop is open 6 am- 7:30 pm daily. See the website for available tee times and driving range hours.
- Prices start at $72 per round and go up depending on day and time.
- 10500 Avery Club Drive, Austin, Texas 78717
5. Falconhead Golf Club
From junior golf instruction to an full-service on-site restaurant, Falconhead Golf Club, located just west of Austin, is a premiere course for any player. Join as a member where you can pay one monthly fee and golf frequently. Falconhead Golf Course offers a picturesque course in the rolling hills of central Texas.
- Pro shop is open from 6 am- 7:30 pm. Tee times may vary slightly. Call the club for further details.
- A full single membership starts at $525 per month.
- 15201 Falconhead Blvd Austin, TX 78738
6. Fazio Foothills at Omni Barton Creek
Four elegant golf courses await golfers just 10 miles southwest of downtown Austin. The Fazio Foothills Golf Course at Omni Barton Creek is one of several operated by the Omni, and it was recently named the third top course you can play in Texas by Texas Magazine. This challenging course will be fun for golfers of all skill levels.
- Hours or Operation: daily 7 am- 7 pm
- Rates range between $120- $500 and vary seasonally. Check the website for twilight deals.
- 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, Texas 78735
7. Wolfdancer Golf Club at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines
Golf in the Texas wilderness at this course, located at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort just east of Austin. Players will love the serene setting as they practice their swing. This award-winning course features native pecan trees, heavy woods and an exciting course for all golfers.
- Tee times are available daily from 8 am- 6 pm. Hours may vary slightly- see website for more accurate information.
- Individual memberships are $5,000 per year
- 575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road, Lost Pines, Texas 78612
8. Golf Club at Star Ranch
Just 30 minutes from Austin in Hutto, Texas, the Golf Club at Star Ranch is an idyllic destination for a round of golf, a wedding, a weekend away and so much more. This 18-hole course is both challenging and fun. Grab your clubs and head to the green!
- Tee times can be booked daily between 7 am and 6 pm.
- Rates start at $59 and go up from there.
- 2500 FM 685, Hutto, Texas 78634
9. Grey Rock Golf Club
If you fancy a round of golf or a game of tennis, then Grey Rock Golf Club is the spot for you. Whether you want to play one round or purchase a membership that comes with all sorts of perks, Grey Rock is a pristine and welcoming Austin spot where all guests will feel right at home. Grab a bite at the grill, brush up on your game or simply relax on the manicured lawns. The choice is yours!
- Open daily 7 am- 7 pm.
- Prices start at $36.99 for one round.
- 7401 State Highway 45, Austin, Texas 78739
10. Riverside Golf Course
Originally built as the second location of the Austin Country Club and opened in 1949, Riverside Golf Course was once the home to two Austin golf legends, Ben Crenshaw and Tom Kite. The course is home to a number of towering trees and 18 challenging holes that are fun for all ages. Walk ups are always welcome, the Riverside’s rates are some of the lowest in the area.
- Tee times are available from sunrise until two hours before sunset daily.
- Fees start at $18 depending on day and time; see website for more information.
- 1020 Grove Blvd., Austin, Texas 78741
Wrapping Up Our List of the 10 Best Golf Courses in Austin, TX
Austin is certainly home to a number of picturesque but challenging golf courses that can help players hone their skills.
Whether you are a casual player learning to take up a new hobby or an experienced player seeking to improve your swing, you are sure to love all of Austin’s golf courses, many of which feature challenging bunkers, sweeping views, and wide open spaces designed to help you enjoy your time on the course.
However, if you really want to improve your game, you might consider installing artificial turf at your own home where you can practice your swing anytime!
Not only is artificail turf easy and inexpensive to maintain, it enables you to work on your swing right in your own backyard.
Improve your short game with an artificial turf backyard putting green today by requesting a free quote.
If you’re interested in an artificial grass installation in Texas, please contact Ideal Turf today to get your FREE artificial grass putting green design & installation estimate by clicking “GET A QUOTE” button or feel free to give us a call at 512-600-1695.
- The Top 10 Best Artificial Turf Backyard Putting Green Installers in Dallas, TX
- Artificial Turf vs. Natural Grass Sports Fields: A Side-By-Side Comparison Guide
- The Top 10 Best Artificial Turf Backyard Putting Green Installers in Austin, TX
- Putting Green FAQs: The 14 Most Common Home Golf Green Questions & Answer
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in OKC