Warmer weather calls for patio time at your favorite local restaurant.
A spot where you can sit back, relax, order your favorite food and drink and simply enjoy being outside after being cooped up during the chilly winter months.
And no need to leave your canine best friend at home when you head out if you choose to dine at one of the many great dog-friendly restaurants in Dallas.
You and Fido can enjoy an afternoon of people watching and good company together when you dine at one of these yummy dog-friendly spots in the Dallas area.
1. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Make like the restaurant says and be a lazy dog for the day- you deserve it! Stop by this Addison joint for weekend brunch or an afternoon beer. Grab your pooch, order them something delicious off the doggy menu, and hang out on the patio where you can while the hours away like a lazy dog.
- 5100 Belt Line Rd., Addison, TX 75254
- Open Monday through Friday from 11 am- 12 am (midnight) and Saturday and Sunday from 9 am until 12 am (midnight).
- Entrees start around $15.
- (469) 754-1300
2. Mutts Canine Cantina
Mutts Canine Cantina is a dog park, beer garden and restaurant all rolled into one. Let your dog play while you relax and grab a bite. Your pooch will love eating there, too, because the “woof menu” contains “pupsicles” to cool them off after a day of play at the dog park!
- 2889 Cityplace W Blvd., Dallas, TX 75204
- The dog park is open daily from 5 am- 11pm but the Cantina’s hours are 3- 10 pm Monday through Friday and 11 am- 10 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Entrees start around $10
- (214) 377-8723
3. Cane Rosso
Cane Rosso is named after a dog, and the name Cane Rosso also lends itself to a dog rescue owned by the same people who own the restaurant, so it goes without saying that Cane Rosso is a pup-friendly place. Servers are happy to supply your pooch with bowls of water as you sit and nosh on the delicious pizza this Dallas hot spot with multiple locations is known for.
- Two locations in Dallas: 7328 Gaston Ave., Dallas, TX 75214 and 2612 Commerce St., Dallas, TX 75226
- Open Monday through Thursday from 11 am- 10 pm, Friday and Saturday from 11 am- 11 pm and Sunday from 11 am- 9 pm. Hours may vary by location.
- Whole pizzas start at $17.
- White Rock: (214) 660-3644; Deep Ellum- (214) 741-1188
4. The Ranch At Las Colinas
Pups are always welcome in the pavilion at the Ranch at Las Colinas. Located in north suburban Dallas, the Ranch at Las Colinas is a perfect place to listen to live music and relax with your furry best friend. The extensive menu is sure to have something everyone you are dining with will enjoy, your pup included.
- 857 W. John Carpenter Frwy., Irving, TX 75039
- Open Monday through Thursday from 11 am- 10 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11 am- 11 pm and Sunday from 11 am- 9 pm.
- Lunch menu entrees start around $15.
- (972) 506-7262
5. Chelsea Corner
Established in 1974, Chelsea Corner is an upscale Uptown Dallas restaurant and bar with a laid-back atmosphere. Drop-in on the weekends for boozy brunch or grab a late-night drink at this neighborhood establishment. No need to leave your pup behind- they are always welcome in the beer garden, which features an artificial grass ground cover to enjoy the shade and ambiance with you.
- 4830 McKinney Ave., Dallas, TX 75205
- Open Monday 4- 10 pm, Tuesday 4- 11 pm, Wednesday and Thursday 4 pm- 12 am (midnight), Friday 11 am- 2 am, Saturday 10 am- 2 pm and Sunday 10 am- 10 pm.
- Main courses start around $14.
- (469) 726-2211
6. Katy Trail Ice House
Located along the Katy Trail in Dallas, Katy Trail Ice House is the perfect place to stop for a bite and a drink after a nice walk along the trail with your canine companion. The communal beer garden offers plenty of shaded seating so you can relax outdoors, and your pup is always welcome to accompany you.
- 3127 Routh St., Dallas, TX 75201
- Open Monday through Friday from 11 am- 2 am and weekends from 10 am- 2 am.
- Entrees start around $12.
- (214) 468-0600
7. HG Sply Co.
Patrons to the Dallas location of HG Sply Co can enjoy rooftop dining with their pup. Ask for shaded seating near the cooling fans and you and your furry friend will both be happy all afternoon! Servers at this lower Greenville area establishment will even bring your pup water if you ask.
- 2008 Greenville Ave., Dallas, TX 75206
- Open from 11 am- 10 pm Monday through Thursday, 11 am- 11 pm Friday, 10 am- 11 pm Saturday and 10 am- 10 pm Sunday.
- Most entrees cost around $15.
- (469) 334-0895
8. The Shacks At Austin Ranch
A giant shared patio and a dog park await you at this suburban Dallas escape in The Colony. Choose from a variety of onsite eateries and restaurants so everyone in your party gets what they want while your pup runs free and mingles with friends, er, dogs, of their own.
- 5800 Windhaven Pkwy., The Colony, TX 75056
- Dog park is open from 7 am- 10 pm daily. Food truck hours vary.
- Cost varies depending upon which eatery you choose to purchase from.
9. Rodeo Goat
PUll up a chair and stay awhile at this Turtle Creek-area restaurant with a large and comfortable outdoor patio. You’ll enjoy dining on the gourmet burgers (don’t forget fries- those are ordered a la carte!) and playing bar games with your dining companions. Dogs are welcome on the patio so they can hang out with you, too.
- 1926 Market Center Blvd., Dallas, TX 75207
- Open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am- 10 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11 am- 11 pm.
- Burgers start around $12 each.
- (214) 741-4628
10. Lee Harvey’s
Lee Harvey’s might just be one of Dallas’ favorite dive bars. On the weekends, you can catch live music with your pup on the patio and on the weekends you can catch a great buzz at this Austin-style pub and restaurant. Check the events tab on their website to stay up-to-date with what’s happening at the hip establishment.
- 1807 Gould St., Dallas, TX 75215
- Open 11 am- 2 am Monday through Friday. Kitchen may close earlier. See website for details.
- Entrees start around $9.
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Dallas, TX
Dining al fresco with your favorite furry friend is a great way to spend a lazy afternoon in Dallas.
Whether you want to grab a burger or a beer, you and your pooch have a myriad of awesome dog-friendly restaurants in Dallas and the surrounding area that will accommodate both you and Fido.
Your dog will love lounging in the shade and getting to spend some quality time with their beloved owner.
Patios and dog parks with artificial grass may be your pup’s favorite spot to dine because they are comfortable to lay on, and humans love artificial grass because it is so easy to care for.
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Lubbock, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- How To Choose An Artificial Turf Installer For Your Home or Business: Tips & Advice
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in & Around Houston, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- Pet Turf Odor Removal Guide: How To Remove Dog Urine Smell From Artificial Grass
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Dallas, TX To Visit With Your Pup!