Nothing beats dining out with your dog on a sunny afternoon.
Instead of leaving Fido home alone to fend for himself, it’s a nice change of pace to let him enjoy the sunshine and your company while you nosh on some of Fort Worth’s finest foods.
Cowtown has a number of great restaurants that allow you to bring your pup along for a bite.
Just don’t forget Fido’s leash!
1. Woodshed Smokehouse
Take a stroll along the Trinity River and stop for a bite at this well-known establishment. Woodshed Smokehouse allows dogs in the gravel area outside and even has a special menu for your furry friend.
- 3201 Riverfront Dr. Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Open 7 days a week, 11 am- close; Breakfast served Saturday and Sunday from 8- 11 am
2. Mellow Mushroom
Pizza from Mellow Mushroom has been a Fort Worth favorite since this TCU-area spot opened its doors in 2006. The patio is dog-friendly, and happy hour is Monday through Friday from 4- 7 pm.
- 3455 Blue Bonnet Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76109
- 11 am- 8 pm Sunday through Thursday, 11 am- 9 pm Friday & Saturday
Whether you’re in the mood for brunch, lunch or dinner, Mash’d has you covered with a wide assortment of delicious bites that will delight your taste buds. Dogs are welcome on the patio.
- 2948 Crockett Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Open 7 days a week, 11 am- 9 pm Monday- Thursday, 11 am- 11 pm Friday, 10 am- 11 pm Saturday, 10 am- 9 pm Sunday
4. Rodeo Goat
Rodeo Goat’s burgers were named the best in Fort Worth in 2018 by Fort Worth Weekly. The atmosphere is casual and the drink menu robust. Dogs are allowed on the patio.
- 2836 Bledsoe & Currie, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Sunday- Thursday 11 am- 10 pm; Friday & Saturday 11 am- 11 pm
5. Magnolia Motor Lounge
Magnolia offers great live music and an inventive menu that is sure to please everyone that walks through the front doors. The establishment’s owners are very pet-friendly and allow dogs on the patio.
- 3005 Morton Street, Fort Worth, TX 76017
- Open Tuesday- Sunday, 11 am- 2 am
If you need a caffeine fix, Brewed has you covered! Stop by for a java jolt and grab a yummy pastry or hot breakfast item and snag a seat. Everyone is welcome, including dogs, who can hang out on the patio.
- 801 West Magnolia, Fort Worth, TX, 76104
- Open 7 days a week from 8 am- 3 pm
7. Shaw’s Patio & Grill
Swing by this Cowtown hot spot for karaoke and live music on the weekends. Happy hour is Tuesday- Friday from 3- 7 pm and pups are welcome on the patio.
- 1051 West Magnolia, Fort Worth, TX, 76104
- Tuesday- Thursday, 11 am- 10 pm. Friday 11 am- 12 am, Saturday 10:30 am- 12 am, Sunday 10:30 am- 3:30 pm
8. Blue Mesa Grill
Pull up a chair and take a sip of one of Blue Mesa’s legendary margaritas. Named after a frozen blue margarita, Blue Mesa Grill has a laid-back vibe and welcomes dogs to dine with humans outdoors.
- 612 Carroll Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Tuesday- Thursday, 11 am- 9 pm, Friday & Saturday, 11 am- 10 pm, Sunday 10 am- 5 pm
9. The Bearded Lady
Pub-style food and a wide assortment of beer from all over await you at this Cowtown haunt. Bring your pup to dine on the patio and he may even be fed a few treats.
- 300 South Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Tuesday- Thursday, 11 am- 10 pm, Friday & Saturday 11 am- 12 am, Sunday 11 am- 10 pm
10. Cane Rosso
Cane Rosso has multiple locations in the DFW area, and all patios are pet-friendly. Cane Rosso even has its own pet rescue called Cane Rosso Rescue.
- 815 West Magnolia, Fort Worth, TX, 76104
- Monday- Saturday, 11 am- 10 pm, Sunday 11 am- 9 pm
11. Landmark Bar & Kitchen
Whether you want great food, fun entertainment, cold drinks or even a mechanical bull, Landmark Bar and Kitchen has you covered! The patio is dog-friendly- and the bartenders will even provide a water bowl and treats for your furry friend if you ask.
- 3008 Bledsoe Street, Fort Worth, 76107
- Monday- Sunday, 4 pm- 2 am
12. Press Cafe
Stop here for a coffee or a cocktail and take a seat near the fire pit for an enjoyable afternoon. Your pup is allowed on the patio with you as you dine, and afterward you can stroll along the Trinity River together.
- 4801 Edwards Ranch Road, Fort Worth, TX 76109
- 7 am- 10 pm Monday- Saturday, 7 am- 9 pm Sunday
13. HG SPLY Co.
Family-style sides and a diverse menu make this Cowtown stop perfect for all palettes. Your pup is welcome on the restaurant’s patio, and, if you stop by Tuesdays with your canine friend, you get an extra hour to enjoy Happy Hour.
- 1621 River Run, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- 11 am- 10 pm, Monday- Thursday, 11 am- 11 pm Friday, 10 am- 11 pm Saturday, 10 am- 10 pm Sunday
14. Zoe’s Kitchen
Zoe’s Kitchen has restaurants all over the country that feature pet-friendly patios. Enjoy fast, fresh mediterranean with your pooch.
- 1601 South University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- 11 am- 9 pm daily
15. Spiral Diner
Established in 2002, Spiral Diner offers vegan and vegetarian food in DFW. Kid-friendly and wheelchair-accessible, Spiral Diner welcomes you and your four-legged friends on the patio.
- 1314 West Magnolia Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76104
- 10 am- 10 pm Tuesday- Sunday
Wrapping Up the 15 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in & Around Fort Worth
Four-legged companions are truly man’s best friend, and they make the best company whether you are out and about or lounging at home.
If you want to dedicate a portion of your at-home space to your puppy pal, you may consider putting down artificial pet turf as a designated space for Fido to do his thing.
Getting a quote from Ideal Turf is easy, and you can have that special space for Fido set up in no time.
There’s never been a better time to create an outdoor space dedicated to your best furry friend.
Author: Tim Taylor
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Lubbock, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- How To Choose An Artificial Turf Installer For Your Home or Business: Tips & Advice
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in & Around Houston, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- Pet Turf Odor Removal Guide: How To Remove Dog Urine Smell From Artificial Grass
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Dallas, TX To Visit With Your Pup!