Oklahoma City may be known as the Horse Show Capital of the World, but it is also a great spot to raise another favorite four-legged friend!
Home to more than a dozen dog parks with fantastic features, Oklahoma City is a great place to spend time with a canine companion.
Dog parks in Oklahoma City, OK offer a number of amenities that will encourage you to bond with your pooch while enjoying the great outdoors.
If you want to enjoy some time with your pup, check out one of these great dog parks in and around OKC.
1. Midtown Mutts Dog Park
Located near a community garden, the Midtown Mutts Dog Park is the largest dog park in the downtown area. The Friends of the Midtown Mutts Dog Park Foundation frequently hosts events and get togethers at the dog park for dogs and their human companions.
- 407 W Park Pl, Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73103
- This fenced-in dog park in downtown OKC offers a seating area for human companions as well as a wide-open play area for dogs of all sizes. Some shaded seating is available.
- Open daily from 11am to 7pm.
2. Mustang Dog Park
Part of Wild Horse Park in Mustang, Oklahoma, Mustang Dog Park is a great off-leash dog park for your pup that offers a variety of things to do. Featuring agility equipment for your pup and seating areas for you, Mustang Dog Park is a great destination for fun with your dog.
- 530 SW 59th St, Mustang, OK 73064
- With a variety of agility equipment as well as a doggy pool for your pup to cool down in, this suburban Oklahoma City dog park has a lot of fun features for your dog. There is even a separate area for smaller dogs to hang out.
- Open daily from dawn to dusk.
3. Edmond Dog Park at Bickham-Rudkin Park
This dog park is located next to a pond and has an access point for your pup to dive in and cool off on warmer days. Large with ample parking available, the Edmund Dog Park is a great spot for you and your pup to expend some energy.
- 379 E 33rd Street Edmond, OK 73013
- Five acres of fun await your canine companion at this Edmond, Oklahoma, dog park. Water fountains and bathrooms are available, and there is ample seating available.
- Open daily from sunrise to sunset.
4. Paw OK Dog Park
Operated by a local non-profit and maintained by volunteers, the Paw OK Dog Park at Hefner Park is a great spot to meet other OKC dog lovers. With separate areas for large and small dogs as well as a pond for your pooch to splash in, this dog park will keep your pup happy for hours.
- 3303 NW Grand Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73116
- This two-acre park does require membership, and you will need to pay a small monthly fee for your pup to play here. Your pup will love running free at this off-leash dog park, and you will love the shaded seating as well as the available water fountains.
- Open daily from dawn until dusk.
5. Scissortail Park Dog Park
Scissortail Park, located just north of I40 in Oklahoma City, is a 3.7-acre urban park with lots to offer. Play on the playground, rent a paddleboat on the lake, bring a kite and run through the open fields or enjoy the off-leash dog park with your four-legged friend.
- 300 SW 7th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73109
- Half an acre of off-leash fun awaits your pup at this OKC dog park. There are separate areas for large and small dogs as well as dog water fountains and boulders for climbing.
- Open daily from 6 am until 11 pm.
6. Happy Tails Dog Park
The city of Moore, Oklahoma, welcomes dog owners to its two-acre dog park that features agility equipment, shaded seating for humans and more. Pack a picnic and soak up the sunshine with your pooch at this fun OKC-area dog park.
- 1903 NE 12th Street, Moore, Oklahoma
- This dog park truly has it all. Featuring different fenced areas for small dogs and large dogs, the Happy Tails dog park has plenty of parking as well as water fountains and restrooms for human companions and plenty of space to run and play for dogs.
- Open daily from 6 am- 9 pm. Closed Wednesday from 9 am- 12 pm for maintenance.
7. Norman Community Dog Park
Fully fenced with plenty of trees and benches, the Norman Community Dog Park, located within Griffin Community Park, is a fun space for your dog to explore. This two-acre dog park opened in 2005.
- 1001 E Robinson St, Norman, OK 73071
- Situated near the disc golf course, the Norman Community Dog Park offers separate fenced areas for large and small dogs. Agility equipment is available to challenge your pup, and there are doggy clean-up bags for your convenience.
- Open daily from 5 am to 9 pm.
8. Fred Quinn Happy Tails Dog Park
In the heart of Midwest City, Oklahoma, is the Fred Quinn Happy Tails Dog Park. With a water feature pond for splashing, large open areas for running and shady spots for resting, this park will be your pup’s new favorite spot to play.
- 8517 E Reno Ave, Midwest City, OK 73110
- This three-acre off-leash park offers up three different areas for dogs to explore. One area caters to small or elderly dogs while a second area caters to larger dogs. A third area includes a concrete water feature for playing.
- Open daily from 7 am to 7 pm.
9. Myriad Gardens Community Dog Park
Within the picturesque Myriad Gardens in Oklahoma City is a small off-leash dog park to delight your canine companion. Well-maintained, this dog park has one open area for dogs to roam off-leash.
- 301 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Fully fenced with plenty of places to sit, this dog park is a good place for your pup to run free after enjoying a stroll through the Myriad Gardens.
- Open daily from 6 am until 9 pm.
10. OnCue Dog Park
If you are on the road with your pup in tow, check out OnCue Truck Stops for Dog Parks to let your four-legged friend roam! The Oklahoma City area has multiple OnCue locations that feature dog parks for your pup, including one in Edmond, just north of OKC.
- 5251 E Waterloo Road, Edmond, OK 73034
- These fenced-in dog parks feature various agility equipment for dogs to expend some energy on. There are also shaded areas and separate parks for large and small dogs.
- Open 24 hours.
Wrapping Up the Best Dog Parks OKC has to Offer
Oklahoma City is a great destination for dog lovers.
Whether you are looking to relocate to the Sooner State or are simply passing through, you’ll find a ton of things to do with your four-legged friend in the Oklahoma City area.
If you’re interested in an artificial grass installation, please contact Ideal Turf today to get your FREE Artificial Grass Design & Installation Estimate by clicking “GET A QUOTE” button or feel free to give us a call at 800-204-4650.
Author: Tim Taylor
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX
- Playground Ground Cover Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Children’s Play Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Run Cleaning & Maintenance: A Complete Pet Turf Cleaning Guide
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Dallas, TX