San Antonio, the seventh most populous city in the United States, is a central Texas destination for family fun.
Named for Saint Anthony, San Antonio is an important part of Texas history because it rallied Texans against Mexico in 1836 during the war for independence and helped pave the way for Texas freedom.
Today, visitors to San Antonio can visit the famed structure as well as find a number of fun things to do and entertainment for kids and families.
Home to Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the well-known River Walk and more, San Antonio is your central Texas stop for family-friendly activities as big as Texas!
1. San Antonio Aquarium
One-of-a-kind animal adventures await guests at the San Antonio Aquarium. You can hang out with lemurs and sloths, snorkel with stingrays and even “walk the plank” into shark-infested waters! If you’re lucky, you may even get to see a mermaid or two.
- 6320 Bandera Road, San Antonio, Texas 78238
- Open daily 10am- 8pm.
- $19.95 for adults, $14.95 for kids. Discounts available for seniors, students and military.
- 210-310-3210 or email@example.com
2. San Antonio Zoo
A visit to the San Antonio Zoo is truly a wild experience for guests of all ages! Kids can experience the oldest children’s amusement park in the country, Kiddie Park, which was acquired by the zoo in 2009 (rides cost extra). Guests of all ages can enjoy animals from around the world, including kangaroos, flamingoes, giraffes and more.
- 3903 N. St. Mary’s Street, San Antonio, Texas 78212-3199
- Generally open weekdays 9 am- 5 pm and weekends 9 am- 7 pm. Hours may vary in summer so check the website for details.
- Tickets start at $21.73 for adults and $17.16 for kids. Kids younger than 3 are free.
- (210) 734-7184 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. SeaWorld San Antonio
Marine-life lovers will be blown away by the amount of fun awaiting them at SeaWorld San Antonio! On warm days, kids can pack a bathing suit and cool off in the Bay of Play. Guests of all ages will love the thrill rides scattered throughout the park as well as the animal encounters. You won’t want to miss the orca show where you can learn all about these enormous creatures!
- 10500 SeaWorld Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251
- Hours vary greatly by season. Check the website for further details.
- Single-day tickets start at $49.99
4. Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Get ready to get wild at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! This larger-than-life amusement park on San Antonio’s northwest side has rides to thrill everyone in your party. Take in views from above on the Crow’s Nest, get splashed on Bugs’ White Water Rapids or get your kicks on the Iron Rattler if rollercoasters are your thing.
- 17000 IH-10 West, San Antonio, Texas 78257
- Open days and hours vary by season and by day. Check the website for the most up-to-date information.
- One-day tickets start at $34.99.
- (407) 261-4290
5. Natural Bridge Caverns
Tour the largest known commercial caverns in Texas when you visit the Natural Bridge Caverns. Go deep underground to see the spacious caverns and then head back above ground for more fun. Guests can enjoy finding their way out of the maze, trying their hand on the ropes course, mining for gemstones and more at Natural Bridge Caverns.
- 26495 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd, San Antonio, Texas 78266
- Hours vary by date. See the website for more information.
- Tickets start at $24.25
- (210) 651-6101
6. San Antonio River Walk
Stroll along Texas’ number one attraction to soak up the ambiance of San Antonio along the famed River Walk. The River Walk is a collection of shops, restaurants and activities that line the San Antonio River. Tours are available and the River Walk is always open for tourists looking for something fun to explore.
- 215 Losoya St., San Antonio, Texas 78205
- The River Walk is open. Open hours for individual businesses varies.
- Exploring the River Walk is free. Activity prices will vary.
7. LEGOLAND Discovery Center San Antonio
The ultimate indoor Lego experience awaits guests at the Legoland Discovery Center in San Antonio. Guests can experience rides and 4D movies as well as build with thousands and thousands of bricks. Lego fans will appreciate all the Lego structures throughout the amusement center and will love creating their own Lego sculptures while inside. This spot is truly a Lego-lover’s dream!
- 849 E. Commerce Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205
- Open daily, generally from 10 am until 5 pm, although hours are sometimes longer on weekends and in summer. Check the website for the most accurate information.
- Tickets start at $21.99
8. The DoSeum
The DoSeum is an indoor and outdoor museum and play area that allows children to learn by seeing, doing, playing and exploring. Kids can do everything from learn about communication at the spy academy exhibit to learn about storymaking at Imagine It! The large outdoor play area will delight kids on warmer weather days.
- 2800 Broadway, San Antonio, Texas 78209
- Open Monday from 10am- 5pm; Closed Tuesday; Open Wednesday-Friday 10am- 5pm; Open Saturday 9am- 5pm and Sunday 12-5pm.
- $14 per person, kids younger than 1 are free.
- email@example.com or (210) 212-4453
9. The Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
Embark on a safari from the safety of your own vehicle! This drive-thru wildlife ranch enables you to engage with free-roaming animals without leaving your car. There are more than 500 animals from more than 45 species that roam this wildlife ranch, and you can engage with many of them when they wander up to your car during your self-guided tour.
- 26515 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd., San Antonio, Texas 78266
- Open daily at 9 am. Closing hours vary, check the website.
- Adults are $28.99 and kids are $19.99. Some discounts are available- see the website for details.
- (830) 438-7400
10. Science Mill
Kids won’t even realize they are learning as they play with all the amazing exhibits at this science museum. Guests can create an explosion, dig for fossils, play all kinds of interactive games and more. There is even a separate toddler play area so the little ones can roam free, too.
- 101 South Lady Bird Lane, Johnson City, Texas, 78636
- Open Wednesday- Saturday from 10am- 4pm and Sunday 10am- 5pm. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Hours may vary by season.
- Adults are $11, kids are $9.50.
- 844-263-6405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Things To Do In San Antonio, TX
San Antonio is truly a vibrant city filled with family-friendly, fun activities that will entertain guests of all ages.
From thrill rides to interactive museums and all kinds of attractions featuring animals, San Antonio is a city brimming with fun possibilities for family-friendly fun.
Book your trip to this gorgeous city today.
If you are thinking of moving to San Antonio (or anywhere else in Texas) and want an easy-to-care-for yard, consider artificial grass.
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Dallas, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- The 10 Best Drought-Tolerant Ground Covers That Can Withstand The Sun in Texas
- The 10 Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Austin, TX To Visit With Your Pup!
- American Turf vs. Imported Turf: A Head-To-Head Comparison Guide
- The Top 10 Things To Do OKC: Family-Friendly Activities In & Around Oklahoma City, OK!