With warmer weather comes the desire to spend more time outdoors.
Dining outside can be a wonderful way to soak up some fresh air and spend time with important friends and family in your life.
Because dogs are man’s best friend, you might want to include Fido in your outdoor dining plans!
Luckily Austin is home to a number of dog-friendly restaurants where the food is delicious and dogs are welcome.
On the way, you may want to stop at one of Austin’s dog parks to let your pup burn off some excess energy.
If you are going to grab a bite, no need to leave your pup at home if you choose to nosh at one of these dog-friendly Austin, TX area eateries.
1. Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden
Head to Banger’s for laid-back fun, live music, and great eats. You can even order Fido a Woofwurst- a blend of pork, sausage, and veggies just for your pup. Don’t get too envious- you can order something similar for yourself, too!
- 79 Rainey St., Austin, Texas 78701
- Open Monday-Thursday 12 – 9pm; Friday- Saturday 12 – 11pm (kitchen closes at 10pm); Sunday 10am – 5pm.
- Entrees start around $10.
- (512) 386-1656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Yard Bar/ Fat City Stacks
Grab a beer at Yard Bar and a burger from Fat City Stacks and let your pup run around the attached dog park. Sounds like a plan! The dog park is $9 per visit per dog, and the dog park is 21 and over only. Kick back and socialize while Fido does the same.
- 6700 Burnet Rd. Austin, Texas 78757
- Open 7 days a week from 11 am – 10 pm.
- Food is available from Fat City Stacks, and entrees start at around $7.50 for adults.
- (512) 900-3773 or email@example.com
3. Bouldin Acres
Bouldin Acres is truly a destination for fun. The dog-friendly patio welcomes Fido, and the pickleball courts, kid’s playground and yard games will have you wanting to spend the entire afternoon at Bouldin Acres. Happy Hour is Monday- Thursday from 3- 6 pm. See you there!
- 2027 S Lamar Blvd., Austin, Texas 78704
- Open daily from 11 am – midnight. 21 and over only after 10 pm.
- Entrees start around $13 and everything is a la carte.
- (512) 536-0132
4. Easy Tiger
Easy Tiger offers up three Austin locations that are all slightly different but offer the same delicious bread, chill atmosphere, and dog-friendly patios. The south location even offers a park where little tigers can play if both your pup and your kids need to burn off some energy and soak up some sunshine.
- Three locations in Austin – North, South, and East. See the website for locations.
- Monday – Thursday – 7 am to 10 pm; Friday 7 am – 11 pm; Saturday 8 am – 11 pm; Sunday 8 am – 9 pm. (hours do vary slightly by location)
- Entrees start around $15.
5. The Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company [ABGB]
The beer garden is calling! Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company is a great place to grab a cold one and relax with your pup. The food menu has large and small bites, and the overall vibe of this beer garden will leave you wanting to come back time and time again.
- 1305 W. Oltorf, Austin, Texas 78704
- Open Tuesday – Friday: 11:30 am – 11 pm, Saturday 12 pm – 12 am, Sunday 12 – 10 pm. Closed on Mondays. Kitchen closes early.
- Entrees start around $15.
- (512) 298-2242
6. Austin Terrier
Eat well and be local is the motto of this dog-themed restaurant on Austin’s northwest side, and the motto could not be more fitting. Drop into this local joint for salads, burgers, craft beers or even Sunday brunch. And don’t forget your pooch!
- 3435 Greystone Dr., Austin, Texas 78731
- Open Monday- Thursday from 11 am – 8 pm, Friday and Saturday from 11 am – 9 pm, and Sunday from 10 am – 8 pm
- See the website for cost details.
- (512) 369-3751
7. Kerbey Lane Cafe
Comfort food from scratch? Yes, please! This Austin restaurant, which first opened its doors in 1980, serves up light bites, brunch, lunch, dinner and so much more. Ingredients for Kerbey Lane’s menu items are locally sourced and super fresh. There are multiple locations in the greater Austin area with pet-friendly patios that are sure to serve up something to please everyone in your party.
- Multiple Austin locations, see website for further details.
- Most locations are open daily from 7 am – 10 pm.
- Lunch and dinner entrees start around $15.
- (512) 447-3767
8. Casa de Luz
Casa de Luz is a dog-friendly destination for those who seek to optimize their holistic health. The menu at Casa de Luz changes daily and only includes fresh, organic ingredients. Every this restaurant serves is free from pesticides and preservatives and is vegan. Bon appetit!
- 1701 Toomey Rd., Austin, Texas 78704
- Open daily from 7 am – 8:30 pm.
- Menu changes daily, see the website for details.
- (512) 476-2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Sawyer & Co.
If southern cuisine is your thing, you won’t want to miss Sawyer & Co on Austin’s east side. With crawfish boils every Tuesday, Sawyer & Co serves up Louisiana-inspired fare with a Texas twist. The dog-friendly artificial grass patio is breezy and Insta-worthy and the food will keep you coming back time and again.
- 4827 East Cesar Chavez St., Austin, Texas 78702
- Open Monday 8 am – 3 pm, Tuesday – Friday 8 am – 9 pm and weekends from 9 am – 9 pm.
- All-day entrees start around $15 each.
- (512) 531-9033
Loro is an Asian Smokehouse started by two chefs who love food. Order your food and drinks at the bar and then grab a seat on the patio with your pup (or inside if you left Fido at home) and just relax. Loro’s atmosphere is purposefully relaxed so you can hang out and simply enjoy the ambiance.
- 2115 South Lamar Blvd., Austin, Texas 78704
- Open Sunday – Thursday from 11 am – 10 pm and Friday – Saturday from 11 am -11 pm.
- Entrees start around $15.
- (512) 916-4858
Wrapping Up the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Austin, TX
Spending a day dining al fresco with man’s best friend can be such a great way to relax and unwind from the busyness of life.
Whether you head to one of these local spots for a full meal or just to grab a beverage, both you and your pooch are sure to enjoy time spent outdoors together.
Fido will love being able to hang out with you on a breezy patio with water and a comfy spot to lay down.
If you want to create a dog-friendly backyard at your own residence for you and your pup to enjoy the outdoors, why not consider the ease and flexibility of synthetic grass?
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Houston, TX
- Playground Ground Cover Materials: The Best Ground Cover Options for Children’s Play Areas
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Run Cleaning & Maintenance: A Complete Pet Turf Cleaning Guide
- The Top 10 Best Golf Courses to Tee Off at in & Around Dallas, TX